Frequently Asked Questions
What is Planned Giving?
- Planned giving involves charitable gifts designated during a donor’s lifetime with benefits that may not be realized until a future time, generally at the death of the donor or beneficiary.
- Planned giving can offer easy and creative ways to support the mission of Cure JM Foundation — by utilizing cash gifts, stock, bonds, life insurance policies and retirement plan assets such as an IRA or 401(k).
- A planned gift can benefit you and your family and have a meaningful impact on Cure JM Foundation’s mission, beyond your lifetime and far into the future.
- Planned giving may provide an opportunity to reduce or eliminate estate taxes, reduce income taxes or reduce or eliminate capital gains taxes.
Who can make a Planned Gift?
- Anyone can make a planned gift, regardless of age, occupation, or financial means.
Why make a Planned Gift?
- When you work together with Cure JM Foundation to establish a planned gift, you leave a lasting legacy that will help thousands for generations to come. Certain planned gifts can have financial benefits for you or your family. Consult with your tax advisor, attorney, and/or financial planner for more details.
How do I make a Planned Gift?
- Call Cure JM at (760) 487-1079 or email to learn how you can support the mission of Cure JM Foundation while also providing for the financial security of you and your family. Or click here* to have Cure JM Foundation contact you directly for a confidential discussion.
What is a simple way to get started with a planned gift?
- You can make a planned gift in only a few minutes.
- One simple way is to name Cure JM in your will. Designate a specific amount or a percentage of the estate.
“I give to Cure JM Foundation $xxxx (or x%) from my estate that it may use in any way to further its mission.”
“I give to Cure JM Foundation x% of a stock, bond that it may use in any way to further its mission.”
- Call Cure JM at (202) 596-6267 or email for more ideas. It is that easy!
How do I know which Planned Gifts would be right for me and my family?
- You are urged to seek the advice of your tax advisor, attorney, and/or financial planner to make certain a contemplated gift fits well into your overall circumstances and planning.
- Cure JM and its representatives are not engaged in legal or tax advisory service.
I have made a Planned Gift to Cure JM. Now what?
- After you have designated a Planned Gift to benefit Cure JM, please let us know by calling Cure JM at
(202) 596-6267 or email . Thank you for your generosity and support. Cure JM’s goal is to never, ever let another child suffer with Juvenile Myositis. With your help, we believe it is a goal that’s well within our reach.
*The material presented herein is not offered as legal or tax advice. The information is general in nature and may not apply to all individuals. You are urged to seek the advice of your tax advisor, attorney, and/or financial planner to make certain a contemplated gift fits well into your overall circumstances and planning. Cure JM and its representatives are not engaged in legal or tax advisory service.
Cure JM Foundation is a tax-exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Service code 501(c)(3).